Modern healthcare has an increasingly moral dimension encompassing not only patient welfare but also the functioning of health care organizations and the role of research in society. The field of healthcare ethics has evolved as a crucial component in clinical and organizational contexts as well as in academic medicine in the realms of education, training and research. The MU Center for Health Ethics seeks to address difficult moral issues through dialogue across multiple related disciplines and in the broader academic and public community.
To improve the health of the public through the development of patient-centered programs related to ethics and professionalism in education, research, clinical service and organizational performance.
- Promote patient-centered health care by providing leadership for clinical ethics
- Establish and promote initiatives in health ethics and professionalism
- Develop innovative programs to enhance relationships between patients and health care professionals
- Promote ethical behavior of organizations by encouraging principles of organizational ethics
- Collaborate with faculty and other key individuals in developing research
Health Ethics Gift Fund
Mailing Address: Five Hospital Drive CE722, Columbia, Missouri 65211